CENTRUL DE CULTURĂ „BRĂTIANU”
Instituție de cultură finanțată de Consiliul Județean Argeș
ro  |  en
Home History The Dendrologic Park

The Dendrologic Park

 

 

            The park of Florica mansion, which Ion Brătianu used to call ”Semiramisa gardens”, is remarkable as well,. Starting with 1869, a beautiful park is made up around Florica, with winding alleys, guarded by exotic trees, monuments, a pavilion. Most of the trees, some of them exotic, were planted by Alexandru Albu Golescu, recognized as being very keen on this field. “Brătianu’s alley” climbed to the forest on the plateau, where one could see the endless vineyards, to Brătianus’pond, guarded by splendid cypresses, which rose above the water their curious roots.  The park hadn’t been designed after an initial plan; a road going up to the house, another one winding to the chapel, paths all leading somewhere. When the park was built, a major contribution had Eliza Brătianu, Ionel’s second wife, “by planting wild flowers, she created large views, by cutting a few trees, she threw wherever she could spots of light”. Behind the park, in the riverside coppice, Ionel Brătianu built a cemented basin, with running water, which formed a beautiful park together with the alder trees around.

 

The group of statues called “La Vulturi” is a contemporary art monument, made of stone by the Croatian sculptor Josef Mestrovic. It appears that the group of statues was made in the 20’s and is situated in the park at Florica. It could be considered a symbolic representation of the Small Agreement (Romania, Yugoslavia and Czechoslovakia) or of Brătianu brothers (Ionel, Dinu and Vintilă). The statues are situated on the place where there was Ion C. Brătianu’s favourite bench.

 

The antique Greek-Roman stone column was brought by Brătianu brothers from Dobrogea at the end of the last century. The monument seems to be unique in Argeș, although it is said to actually be a column brought from Vieroși monastery.

 

The memorial altar cross of the wooden church in Albac is situated on the place where this edifice, historically known as Horea’s small church, was rebuilt and restored in 1907-1954. This stone cross is carved in the XIXth century and is mounted on the place where the first translation of a historical monument in the history of the Romanian museology was made. The church is kept at Olănești, Vâlcea county, starting with 1954.

 

This dendrologic park is included in the list of the national cultural heritage.  

 

News & events

25.06.2015 - PRESS RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE
Read more


25.06.2015 - Traditions of Arges 50 km far from the Polar Circle
Traditions of Arges 50 km far from the Polar Circle
Read more


© 2013 CENTRUL DE CULTURĂ "BRĂTIANU"